West Chester, PA (PRWEB) - Sentry Enterprises, the maker of the SentryCard Biometric Platform today announced in collaboration with HID Global, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, it has equipped its biometric FIDO2 platform with HID Global’s next-generation Seos® credential technology.
The SentryCard is a first-of-its-kind biometric platform, in the form factor of an employee ID-badge, enabling users to biometrically authenticate in order to open doors and authenticate into systems, devices, and machines.
“SentryCard is designed for organizations seeking an indisputable assurance of who is entering their facilities, accessing their computers and devices, or logging into their websites, “
said Mark Bennett, CEO of Sentry Enterprises. “Combining the best-in-class cryptography of HID’s Seos credential technology, with the broad utility of the biometric SentryCard will allow us to deliver superior data and privacy protection compared to other biometric platforms.”
The SentryCard delivers access control using zero-trust security principles by decentralizing a user’s biometric fingerprint information: enrolling, storing, and matching the biometrics solely within the platform itself. SentryCard is growing in adoption, with organizations seeking proof-positive physical and logical authentication; while moving to passwordless environments.
“The use of contactless biometric devices is growing in popularity for authentication into buildings, doors, and manufacturing systems,” said Thierry Roz, Managing Director of RFID Business Unit, Extended Access Technologies, HID Global. “We are excited to bolster the SentryCard’s high-assurance authentication capabilities with the inclusion of our Seos credential technology.”
How it Works
- Today the SentryCard embeds a dedicated Seos e-unit (chip and antenna) provisioned by HID Global, and tomorrow the HID Seos applet will be loaded onto the secure element (SE) inside the SentryCard so the user can carry security keys and encrypted firmware.
- Seos credentials are sent to the SentryCard over a Near Field Communications (NFC) connection.
- At the time of issuance, a user enrolls their fingerprint data (typically 2-fingers) directly onto the SentryCard. Once the user’s biometrics are enrolled on the SentryCard platform, they are irreversible and unable to be modified.
- When a user accesses a door, computer or system, they touch the biometric sensor on the SentryCard, where an on-card match takes place to confirm or deny the use of the credential.
- Native support in HID DigitalPersona® software also enables the SentryCard to be used for Windows login with both Seos credential and FIDO2 standard passwordless authentication.
- SentryCard credentials that include Seos technology, support the ASSA ABLOY Seos reader ecosystem composed of HID SignoTM and iCLASS SE® readers, OMNIKEY® embedded and desktop readers, and Seos technology-enabled Digital Door Locks that are broadly deployed in every major vertical market around the world. The SentryCard platform is also compatible with all leading access control systems.
The SentryCard provides strong assurance of an individual’s identity while also providing the privacy and hygiene standards that a user would expect. Click here for more information about the SentryCard.
The HID Global, DigitalPersona, iClass SE, Signo, OMNIKEY and Seos trademarks are owned by ASSA ABLOY and its affiliates.
About Sentry Enterprises
Sentry Enterprises is a U.S.-based manufacturer with expertise in creating ultra-thin microelectronic security devices. The company offers a proprietary and patented platform focused on providing proof-positive identification whether accessing a building or computing network. Sentry Enterprises’ solution solves numerous risks facing today’s enterprises, from biometric authentication to privacy, contact tracing, and hygiene issues. For more information, visit http://www.sentryenterprises.com.