The best overall reader value in its class – STARflex will enable and expand the Mojix partner channel with exciting new features and a lower price point
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) - Mojix, Inc, a leading provider of item chain management solutions, today announced an upgraded STARflex RFID reader at a very aggressive price point. The STARflex is an enterprise-class RFID reader that combines unmatched performance and location capabilities with a flexible design optimized for cost effective, easy-to-deploy solutions for enclosed environments such as real-time inventory and asset tracking in retail and industrial applications. Featuring industry leading performance with sensitivity that is up to 100 times higher than competitive readers, and the ability to scale inexpensively up to 16 read points, STARflex is the best value on the market today.
New Features Include:
Autonomous Sensor Control
- STARflex features a GPIO interface and its API allows external applications to manage and control devices connected to it. An onboard application with a Web UI allows users to configure how sensor triggers control tag read events. This allows the reader to act autonomously under sensor control.
Sensor Tag Support
- With the latest release of version 1.7.1, STARflex now offers onboard support for the RF Micron Magnus sensor IC. Tags with this sensor technology onboard offer battery free temperature, moisture and proximity sensing capabilities, as well as an RSSI measurement.
- Mojix has developed a STARflex application that allows users to control the reporting of tags entering or leaving a zone defined by one or more antennas, as well as control how often tags are reported
Network Outage Data Buffering
- STARflex will automatically store undelivered reports due to connection loss. Users can configure how much or how long data is buffered when an outage occurs and then when network connections are restored - reports are automatically sent.
Combine TurboAntenna™ with STARflex for Near 100% Read Performance
- One of the most challenging environments for RFID tag reading is a large number of tags densely packed in a small area that doesn’t move often. This type of environment makes it very difficult to excite 100% of the tags without the use of multiple antennas operating at multiple different frequencies. The Mojix TurboAntenna solves this issue with the use of a steerable beam, multi-element array antenna.
STARflex features an exclusive, patented, distributed excitation architecture that is built on a unique RFID technology - assuring reliable excitation and detection of all tags, wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling. The reader can detect tag signals up to one hundred times weaker than other RFID readers, delivering the highest read rate throughput and read reliability in the industry. STARflex takes advantage of smart antenna techniques for location tracking and is optimized for synthesizing waveforms in high-density tag environments, such as those found in retail stores. In addition, the STARflex reader meets the IP65 enclosure standard for durability (-30 to +60C) and has compliance certifications in US, Japan, Korea, China, Australia, Brazil, South Africa and India.
“The upgraded STARflex reader provides a high-performance solution for real-time inventory and asset tracking in retail and industrial applications.” said Paul Barriga, Mojix VP of Product Management, “And with our new lower price point, more users can take advantage of STARflex’s outstanding features and benefits while knowing they are getting the best value available in any enterprise-class RFID Reader on the market today.”
Mojix provides item chain management solutions for the digitization and automation of supply chains in real time using RFID and blockchain technology. Our primary focus is solving the big data problems created by collecting large-scale amounts of data from various wireless and wired sources. We are innovators in fixed infrastructure sensor networks that collect, store, analyze and interconnect data from multiple sources including RFID, GPS and other sensor devices. Mojix solutions provide big data scalability and feature highly configurable application frameworks and elegant user interfaces with advanced analytics, enabling end-to-end business intelligence and data visibility across multiple industries. For more information, visit Mojix.com/.
Mojix, STARflex and TurboAntenna are trademarks or registered trademarks of Mojix, Inc.